Other "firsts" for President Obama which, in my opinion, are sadly a result result of him being the first African American President of the United States:
- 1st American President to be forced to release his long form birth certificate;
- 1st American President to be openly heckled by a sitting member of Congress during a State of the Union speech when Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) yelled "You lie";
- 1st American President to have the nation's "full faith and credit" threatened because the opposition party in Congress has refused to raise the debt ceiling;
- 1st American President since John F. Kennedy was assassinated to be routinely confronted with protestors openly displaying firearms at his events;
- 1st American President to have the opposition party's leader in the Senate, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) state "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president";
- 1st American President to see the rate of his death threats increase 400% over his predecessor;
- 1st American Presidential candidate to receive Secret Service nine months before voting began in a Presidential Primary.
This is just a partial list but I am sure he will collect many more "firsts" that should not be considered a reflection of his character, but rather a reflection of the character of this country.