Saturday, May 07, 2011

Andy Card claims Obama 'Has Pounded His Chest a Little Too Much', forgets Bush's enhanced flight suit

In an interview with Der Spiegel former Chief of Staff for former President George W. Bush, Andy Card, shows just out of touch members of the Bush administration are when he states the following about Obama:
"I think he has pounded his chest a little too much. He can take pride in it, but he does not need to show it so much."
And after the interviewer pointed out that Obama has refrained from acting too triumphant Card replies:
"I thought his statement was subdued, but I think his schedule is not subdued. Personally, I think it is premature to go to Ground Zero, in New York. I think my role model in this would be George H. W. Bush, when the Berlin Wall came down in 1989. It was a day to celebrate, but we did not dance on the Wall."
Rather than going on with a long explanation calling bullshit on Card's assessment I will just let two pictures taken at public events do the talking. The first one is of George W. Bush following the end of major combat operations in Iraq and the second is of Obama after Osama bin Laden was killed.

President George W. Bush, May 1, 2003


President Barack Obama May 5, 2011
Looking at these two pictures I'm not sure how Card's assessment of Obama's handling of the aftermath of the bin Laden raid can be taken seriously. President Obama has been measured and respectful in response to this historic event and to imply otherwise is just bitterness on the part of Bush administration officials.

No comments: