Friday, March 09, 2007
This man deserves an award for stupid
Suspect shops for extinguisher while meth fire burns
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 9, 2007 12:06 PM
The fire that burned his Chandler condominium was bright, but authorities couldn't say as much for the man who caused it by attempting to cook methamphetamine in a toaster oven.
Jonathan Zaletel, 19, was cooking meth in a bedroom closet Tuesday about 7 p.m. in the 1200 block of North Alma School Road near Ray Road when the fire started, authorities said.
He unsuccessfully attempted to put out the fire by tossing water and window cleaner on it. When that didn't work, he decided to head to a nearby Wal-Mart to buy a fire extinguisher.
While he was gone, the condo's sprinkler system engaged and put out the fire. By the time Zaletel returned with the extinguisher Chandler firefighters were on the scene. He was arrested on suspicion of drug manufacturing, drug possession and criminal damage.
Click here for entire story
Posted by wndycty at 3/09/2007 08:21:00 PM