Tuesday, September 26, 2006

No way to sugar coat it, Peter Roskam is SCUM, just plain and simple SCUM!!!

In the race for the US House of Representatives in Illinois' 6th Congressional District Republican Peter Roskam claimed his opponent Tammy Duckworth, who lost her legs while serving as a US Army helicopter pilot were serving in Iraq, would "cut and run" from the war torn country.

-snip-
During an election debate at the weekend in the outskirts of Chicago, Peter Roskam, the Republican candidate for Illinois's sixth district, trotted out the familiar line that his Democratic opponent wanted America to "cut and run" from Iraq.

His opponent, Tammy Duckworth, a former National Guard pilot who lost both her legs in Iraq last year when her helicopter was shot down by a rocket-propelled grenade, was visibly angry at the exchange. "I just could not believe he would say that to me," said Ms Duckworth, who now walks on artificial legs with the help of a cane. "I have risked my life to serve my country and you cannot question my patriotism."
-snip-

"I am sick and tired of the Republicans saying 'Either you agree with us on national security or you are not patriotic'," says Ms Duckworth, whose campaign has ignited the highest level of volunteer door-to-door support the Democrats can remember in this district. "It is total baloney – in fact I have a better army word, but I can't use it. We must never forget that it is patriotic and it is American to question people in power."
-snip-

Click here for entire story.

Simply put, Peter Roskam is just scum, plain and simple.

No comments: